We’ve all either heard someone say it or we’ve said it ourselves: “I can feel this cold weather in my bones”. While it’s not actually the bones that are hurting in most cases, cold weather can cause pain for many people, especially those who suffer from conditions such as arthritis and fibromyalgia. The reasons why cold weather causes pain for some people can be complicated, so we want get into that right now. The important thing is how to manage that pain so it doesn’t affect your daily life the entire winter, so we’re here to give you five tips to fight cold weather pain.
Here are our five tips for fighting cold weather pain, and make sure you read all the way through because the last tip is extremely important (especially in our possibly biased opinion).
- Exercise – While snow, cold, and the early sunsets may make it more difficult to find the motivation to get your daily exercise in, you can’t let those things stop you. Lack of movement and exercise can increase the pain and stiffness that you experience in the winter. Regular exercise will help help keep your joints and muscles flexible and functioning.
- Boost Your Mood – While being in a good mood may not appear to have any correlation to the physical pain your body experiences, it can actually have legitimate results. Dreary weather can cause your mood to drop, which can make you more susceptible to pain. Addressing feeling of anxiety and depression can help alleviate pain felt during the winter months.
- Stay Hydrated – It can be easy to forget to drink enough water when the weather is not warm. This lack of water can make processing waste difficult for your body, which can make you feel stiff and achy. So, make sure you carry your water with you and consume your proper amount.
- Stay Warm – In addition to bundling up to keep warm, you can also utilize heating pads to alleviate pain during the winter months. While this is also effective in warmer months, it can be even more effective in the winter months.
- Visit Your Chiropractor – Chiropractic adjustments can keep your spine and joints functioning well throughout the winter months. Chiropractic care can alleviate symptoms related to osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, migraine, headaches, chronic neck and back pain, and more. In addition, chiropractic adjustments allow your body to function the way it was meant to function, therefore reducing pain throughout the body.
So, if you tend to suffer more pain in the winter months, follow these steps to reduce the pain you experience this winter. Give Advanced Chiropractic & Rehab Inc. a call today at (330) 726-7404 to schedule a free consultation to see how we can help. We have been servicing the Youngstown and Mahoning Valley area since 2001 with convenient locations in Boardman, Hubbard, and Kinsman. At Advanced Chiropractic & Rehab Inc, we are a multi-disciplinary rehabilitation group that treats work comp injuries, whiplash, sports injuries and specializes in much more than just low back pain.Schedule Today!