Examination & Diagnostic Testing
A patient examination and diagnostic testing must first determine performed in order to determine the cause of your symptoms to make sure treatment and therapy are not only going to helpful but also be safe and the right choice for the patient. Our Chiropractic Physicians will always need to perform thorough physical examination before anyone receives any treatment. As physicians we can also order any diagnostic testing that may be necessary and you do not need to have a medical doctor referral.
At Advanced Chiropractic & Rehab, Inc. all new patients receive the following basic physical examination which will include most of basic:
- Vital signs
- Basic physical examination-eyes ears, nose, cardio pulmonary assesement, abdominal examination
- Posture Evaluation: Improper posture can lead to joint pain, muscle soreness, spinal misalignment and subluxation
- Basic neurological examination
- Palpation and tissue assessment with visual assessment
- Range of motion assessment
- Orthopedic testing
Specialized tests we typically perform:
- Chiropractic Assessment for segmental spinal dysfunction and subluxation
- Muscle Strength Testing-To help determine joint stability and core strength
- Functional Movement Assessment (FMS, or SFMA): Functional tests to better help determine corrective exercises that will be needed.
- Cardiovascular Testing- Baseline cardio assessment and Par-Q cardiovascular history.
- Gait Examination: By watching patients walk, our doctors can determine issues between the pelvis and spine.
- Nutritional Evaluation-We often discuss diet and will make supplement recommendations that can help with your treatment.
- Lifestyle Modification-We will always address diet, exercise, and smoking with our patients and make recommendations to help them live a healthier lifestyle.
Diagnostic Testing we prescribe when necessary
- Diagnostic X-ray
- Laboratory Testing-blood urine tests
- MRI Testing
- Electromyography (EMG) nerve testing
This is just a basic list of what most of our new patients will experience on a first visit. Our highly trained physicians will help determine the most appropriate course of care, and if your condition is something, we cannot help you with, we will be able to refer you to the most appropriate specialist who will be able to help. We always strive to work closely with the patient’s primary care physician.
Advanced Chiropractic & Rehab, Inc. is the smart choice to better health in the Youngstown / Mahoning Valley area. We have the knowledge and experience to help patients recover from injuries and improve the quality of their lives. Contact us to start the healing process at any of our locations.Schedule Today!