Injured Worker’s Rights
Injured workers in the state of Ohio are entitled to a number of rights. The doctors at Advanced Chiropractic & Rehab are certified with the Ohio Bureau of Worker’s Compensation and we are currently accepting injured worker cases as physician of record (POR) for new and old cases. We team with worker’s to help ensure they are covered by the following rights:
- An Ohio injured worker has the right to choose a physician of his/her choice, to include Doctors of Chiropractic, Osteopathy, or Medicine.
- Your employer may direct you to a facility of their choice; however you have the right to visit any BWC certified provider.
- The injured worker has the right to change his/her treating physician at any point in time.
- The injured worker has the first right to file a claim for an injury sustained during the course of and arising out of his/her work duties/employment.
- The injured worker has the right to have all health care services relating to your work injury paid in full.
- The injured worker has the right to be compensated for any missed/lost time at work as defined by Ohio law.
- The injured worker has the right to file a Worker’s Compensation claim without the fear of retribution of discrimination.
- The injured worker has the right to appeal and follow due process for any and all managed care decisions affecting your choice of care.
- The injured worker has the right to seek legal counsel for representation on your behalf.
- The injured worker has the right to participate or not participate in any/all rehabilitation programs available thru the Workers’ Compensation system.
- The injured worker has the right to a quality independent medical examination when required in your claim.
- The injured worker has the right to receive ongoing supportive (Chiropractic, Osteopathic, Medical) care, which may be therapeutically necessary to maintain a level of functional mobility.
Advanced Chiropractic & Rehab is the smart choice to better health in the Youngstown / Mahoning Valley area. Contact us to start the healing process in either our Boardman or Hubbard offices.
We have been servicing the Youngstown and Mahoning Valley area since 2001 with convenient locations in Boardman, Hubbard, and Kinsman. At Advanced Chiropractic & Rehab, Inc. we are multi-disciplinary rehabilitation group that treats work comp injuries, whiplash, sports injuries and specializes in much more than just lower back pain.